When I was younger I worked hard to earn a lot of money to buy the freedom to pursue my greatest dreams and desires.
Today I have that freedom to chase down even my most far fetched dreams and I’ve tackled my fair share of them. However, that freedom is only in small part due to my hard work to earn money. On the contrary, I have learned to live with less, to need less, and to want less and that is what has given me the freedom to be who I want to be, to stand strong for what I believe, to be a part of something greater, and to run down every dream that I conjure up.
Want freedom? Here are some things that have helped me earn mine:
1. Share with others and own less stuff.
2. Serve others.
3. Ride a bike and sell your car.
4. Get rid of your bills and cancel your credit cards.
5. Have a positive perspective on life.
6. Be grateful for what you have.
7. Live simply.
8. Reduce money on your list of priorities.
9. Appreciate yourself and do what is good for you.
10. Whatever it is you want to do, do it.
11. Win little battles and let them add up to the big picture.
We all have the ability to create our own freedom and follow our truest of passions. It isn’t usually easy but with time it becomes easier and it is rewarding. Take a step today, another tomorrow, and continue that pattern each day. You’ll likely have forgotten all of those little steps a few years from now but they’ll lead you to wherever it is you want to be.