9 Ways to Wipe Your Butt For Free
I haven’t bought toilet paper in 2 years and no I have not just mooched on someone else. Here are 9 ways to wipe your butt for free.
- Newspaper. Grab it out of the recycling bin or trash can and put it to good use.
- Dumpster dive at pharmacies for perfectly good toilet paper. I’ve often found unopened twelve and twenty-four packs of toilet paper. This can be due to a torn or squished package or because someone stole a roll so the package was incomplete.
- Leaves. This is easy if you’re in the woods taking a squat, but you could also grab a bunch of your favorite leaves and bring them home with you. Or even better yet grow a plant that grows soft, wide leaves. Then compost the used leaves.
- Smooth stones. I’ve done this quite a few times while out in the woods and found this to be pretty great!
- Go to fast food restaurants and pick up the dozens of unused napkins that people leave on their table. People often take a stack of napkins just to throw half away.
- Cloth wipes. Make nice little wipes out of old t-shirts and then wash them just as you would washable diapers. Here’s a guide if to want to do it.
- Use a bidet. (Ok, I guess this isn’t quite free since you have to pay for the water, but it’s far cheaper than toilet paper).
- Use a bum gun. This is a little spray nozzle next to the toilet to spray your butt clean with water. Indian style with a little kettle.
- Even simpler than installing a bidet or bum gun is to put a little kettle by the toilet and pour water onto your bum area. I had a roommate from India and he taught me how to do this. It was awesome.
25,000 trees are dumped into the landfill each day from our toilet paper usage. Toilet paper is a huge environmental nuisance and a complete waste of money. Maybe it’s time you stop wiping your butt with your money?
My creations are free to redistribute under a Creative Commons License. See this link for more details. My life and my work are for the greater good of all. I’ve vowed to donate 90% of my media income to environmental and social causes including the income from my TV show and my book.
If you’d like to donate to my work you can do so through my nonprofit, Happy Healthy and Free. Happiness, health, and freedom to you!