12 Undeniable Ways to Better Health
There is so much controversy out there about what you should do to be healthy. Thousands of articles are published daily that contradict one another over what is the healthy thing to do. It can be overwhelming and very consuming. It doesn’t have to be so complicated. If you go back to the basics you can forget most articles and spend your time really living. Here are 12 undeniable ways to better health!
- Hydrate yourself. The average person should drink about 8 cups (half a gallon) of water per day. That is plain old water with nothing added to it. Yellow pee is the easiest way to know you should drink more water. Have a goal of peeing clear.
- Get the amount of sleep that your body really needs. For most people, that is 8-9 hours of sleep per night. Consistency is very helpful.
- Eat an ample amount of fresh fruits and veggies. Shoot for 5 servings at a minimum and 10 if you’re really striving for better health.
- Eat more unprocessed foods. This means looking at the ingredients and not finding a long list of ingredients you can’t pronounce. Better yet, eat foods that don’t have an ingredient list at all because it a single whole food.
- Move your body. Walk, run, bike, swim, stretch, play sports, do yoga. It doesn’t have to be rigorous, and is often better off not, just make sure you are moving your body every day.
- Get fresh air. The more the better. Nobody ever complains of too much fresh air.
- Get sun. I’m not talking about frying yourself. Getting a little bit of sun time in every day does wonders for physical and mental health.
- Minimize alcohol consumption. Don’t drink if it’s not right for you. Some people would be better off not drinking at all. Others can find benefit in one drink. But over-drinking is best avoided for better health.
- Decrease processed sugars in your diet. This includes high fructose corn syrup and any other clever names the food industry sneaks sugar into your body under. Don’t drink any soda. Not diet, not regular, none.
- Regulate the amount of time you spend on screens (computers, TVs, cell phones). A great start to better health is turning all screens off at least 1 hour before bed, waiting at least 30 minutes after waking up to turn any on, taking a 4 hour break per day to disconnect, and taking at least one 24 hour period off per week.
- Meditate and/ or take time to relax your mind each day even if it’s just for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Don’t hold it. Poo when you gotta poo. Pee when you gotta pee.
Focusing on these basic keys to better health can go a really long way. Rather than worrying about the details of counting calories and exact nutritional info, try to bring it back to the basics of life. Our bodies do pretty well if we give them the simple things that they need.