Long before the constant blog posts, earlier than the social media management and even before the website creation, the first step in branding your online image is doing some in depth keyword research. Since we specialize in starting a business’s online presence, this is something we need to know like we know the back of our mouse pads.
When doing keyword research you should:
- Use some common sense and intuition
- Know your business and its target market
- Understand the difference between short tail and long tail keywords
- Get suggestions on other keywords you may not have thought of
- Find out the difficulty to rank for each key phrase
- Get to implementing the keywords on your site